Song Analysis: I want you (She’s so Heavy)

Abbey Road - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_Road

Summary

• I chose I want you (She’s so heavy) because of how often I find myself humming or singing the song. Ironically it’s not my favorite song on Abbey road, but it is the catchiest to me.

Song Analysis

TOPICMY RESPONSES
SONG TITLEI want you (She’s so heavy)
COMPOSER(S)John Lennon, Paul McCartney
YEAR1969
COUNTRYUK
If you could work on this song (change it), what would you change and why?The whole song is amazing. The Beatles made incredible song after incredible song. However, if I had to change something about this song in particular I would’ve added lyrics to the 3 minute instrumental at the end of the song.
What is the song GENRE?Rock
What is the song KEY?A Minor, D minor
What is the song TEMPO?4/4, 6/8
What do you like about the RHYTHM?The rhythm of the song changes multiple times throughout the song, perfectly working together.
What do you like about the ARRANGEMENT?The arrangement of the song is very interesting to see layed out, as it is largely comprised of notes jumping up and down. It also contains many notes that are out of the key, yet fit right into the song.
What do you like about the MIX?In many Beatles songs, the main instruments and the singer have a strong connection and subtle interplay, this song is no exception.
What do you like about the TIMBRE of some or all of the instruments?The guitar that play’s in the last two minutes of the song sounds amazing. It’s such a heavy aura that really gives the song an evil feel.
What do you like about the PITCH of some or all of the instruments or vocals?Like in most songs, the bass and guitar in the song are very separated in pitch. However, in this song, at least with headphones, the bass is very accentuated so they difference between them sounds very satisfying to listen to.
Are there particular TRACK(S) that stand out?The bass on this song, any for that matter every song on this album, is incredible. Paul McCartney is a beast at creating incredible baselines and knowing when to show off in a song and when to stay in the background.
Finally, what do you like about the overall COMPOSITION?While this song is definitely in the rock genre, the inspiration it takes and uses from blues really sells the song.

“A song is a musical composition intended to be performed by the human voice. This is often done at distinct and fixed pitches (melodies) using patterns of sound and silence. Songs contain various forms, such as those including the repetition and variation of sections.” wikipedia.org/wiki/Song